On May 31st, 2023, the SYMBIOREM Consortium met online to discuss the progress, achievements, and future plans of the project. This was a fantastic opportunity for all partners to gather and align on the innovative bioremediation solutions currently developed by SYMBIOREM.
The agenda was packed with presentations on the various work packages (WPs) within the project. The topics discussed include:
- The field tests taking place in the SYMBIOREM demonstration sites.
- The planned activities to engage citizens in research, co-design, implementation, and operation of bioremediation sites.
- The development of bioremediation and recovery strategies for contaminated soil.
- Development of bioremediation and recovery strategies for marine and freshwater environments.
- The testing of multiple SYMBIOREM technologies in combination to leverage their symbiotic effects.
- The development of circular products from recoverable resources and co-creation of business models with stakeholders.
- The environmental, economic and social impact evaluation of the SYMBIOREM solutions.
The insightful discussions during the meeting reflected the Consortium’s commitment to develop innovative nature-based solutions to reduce environmental pollution.
Stay tuned for further updates 👉 https://symbiorem.eu/